Please read all these terms and conditions.
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, just phone us on +44(0)800.098.8901.
1. These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods by you (the Customer or you). We are Pixie Scientific, LLC a limited liability company registered in the State of Delaware in the United States of America, with an office at 222 Broadway, 19th floor, New York, NY 10038, USA, and with email address [email protected]; UK telephone number 0800.098.8901 and US telephone number +1.855.749.4366; (the Supplier or us or we).
2. These are the terms on which we sell all Goods to you. By ordering any of the Goods, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. By ordering any of the Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You can only purchase the Goods from the Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
1. The description of the Goods is as set out in the Website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the size and colour of the Goods supplied.2. In the case of any Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.3. All Goods which appear on the Website are subject to availability.4. We can make changes to the Goods which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement. We will notify you of these changes.
Basis of Sale
1. The description of the Goods in our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Goods. When an Order has been submitted on the Website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.2. The Order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Order. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.3. A Contract will be formed for the sale of Goods ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the Order (Order Confirmation). You must ensure that the Order Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Order placed by you. By placing an Order you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email with all information in it (ie the Order Confirmation). You will receive the Order Confirmation within a reasonable time after making the Contract, but in any event not later than the delivery of any Goods supplied under the Contract.4. Any quotation is valid for a maximum period of 30 days from its date, unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.5. No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Goods, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing.6. We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as a Consumer. If this is not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with terms which are more appropriate for you and which might, in some respects, be better for you, eg by giving you rights as a business.
Price and Payment
1. The price of the Goods and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out on the Website at the date of the Order or such other price as we may agree in writing.2. Prices and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order. You may be subject to VAT relief. You will receive an email to confirm your eligibility.3. You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order and we can take payment immediately or otherwise before delivery of the Goods.
1. We will deliver the Goods, to the Delivery Location by the time or within the agreed period or, failing any agreement, without undue delay and, in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the Contract is entered into.2. In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Goods on time, you can (in addition to any other remedies) treat the Contract at an end if:1. we have refused to deliver the Goods, or if delivery on time is essential taking into account all the relevant circumstances at the time the Contract was made, or you said to us before the Contract was made that delivery on time was essential; or2. after we have failed to deliver on time, you have specified a later period which is appropriate to the circumstances and we have not delivered within that period.3. If you treat the Contract at an end, we will (in addition to other remedies) promptly return all payments made under the Contract.4. If you were entitled to treat the Contract at an end, but do not do so, you are not prevented from cancelling the Order for any Goods or rejecting Goods that have been delivered and, if you do this, we will (in addition to other remedies) without delay return all payments made under the Contract for any such cancelled or rejected Goods. If the Goods have been delivered, you must return them to us or allow us to collect them from you and we will pay the costs of this.5. If any Goods form a commercial unit (a unit is a commercial unit if division of the unit would materially impair the value of the goods or the character of the unit) you cannot cancel or reject the Order for some of those Goods without also cancelling or rejecting the Order for the rest of them.6. We do not generally deliver to addresses outside England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and Channels Islands. If, however, we accept an Order for delivery outside that area, you may need to pay import duties or other taxes, as we will not pay them.7. You agree we may deliver the Goods in instalments if we suffer a shortage of stock or other genuine and fair reason, subject to the above provisions and provided you are not liable for extra charges.8. If you or your nominee fail, through no fault of ours, to take delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Location, we may charge the reasonable costs of storing and redelivering them.9. The Goods will become your responsibility from the completion of delivery or Customer collection. You must, if reasonably practicable, examine the Goods before accepting them.
Risk and Title
1. Risk of damage to, or loss of, any Goods will pass to you when the Goods are delivered to you.2. You do not own the Goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is overdue or a step occurs towards your bankruptcy, we can choose, by notice to cancel any delivery and end any right to use the Goods still owned by you, in which case you must return them or allow us to collect them.
Withdrawal, returns and cancellation
1. You can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.2. This is a distance contract (as defined below) which has the cancellation rights (Cancellation Rights) set out below. These Cancellation Rights, however, do not apply, to a contract for the following goods (with no others) in the following circumstances:1. goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised;2. goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.3. Also, the Cancellation Rights for a Contract cease to be available in the following circumstances:1. in the case of a contract for the supply of sealed goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons, if they become unsealed after delivery;2. in the case of any sales contract, if the goods become mixed inseparably (according to their nature) with other items after delivery.Right to cancel4. Subject as stated in these Terms and Conditions, you can cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.5. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party, other than the carrier indicated by you, acquires physical possession of the last of the Goods. In a contract for the supply of goods over time (ie subscriptions), the right to cancel will be 14 days after the first delivery.6. To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Contract by a clear statement setting out your decision (eg a letter sent by post, fax or email). You can use the attached model cancellation form, but it is not obligatory. In any event, you must be able to show clear evidence of when the cancellation was made, so you may decide to use the model cancellation form.7. You can also electronically fill in and submit the model cancellation form or any other clear statement of the Customer's decision to cancel the Contract on our website pixiescientific.com. If you use this option, we will communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of such a cancellation in a Durable Medium (eg by email) without delay.8. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.Effects of cancellation in the cancellation period9. Except as set out below, if you cancel this Contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).Deduction for Goods supplied10. We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any Goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (ie handling the Goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods: eg it goes beyond the sort of handling that might be reasonably allowed in a shop). This is because you are liable for that loss and, if that deduction is not made, you must pay us the amount of that loss.
Timing of reimbursement1. If we have not offered to collect the Goods, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:1. 14 days after the day we receive back from you any Goods supplied, or2. (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have sent back the Goods.2. If we have offered to collect the Goods or if no Goods were supplied, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this Contract.3. We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.Returning Goods4. If you have received Goods in connection with the Contract which you have cancelled, you must send back the Goods or hand them over to us at 222 Broadway, 19th floor, New York, NY 10038, USA without delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate to us your cancellation of this Contract. The deadline is met if you send back the Goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You agree that you will have to bear the cost of returning the Goods.5. For the purposes of these Cancellation Rights, these words have the following meanings:1. distance contract means a contract concluded between a trader and a consumer under an organised distance sales or service-provision scheme without the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer, with the exclusive use of one or more means of distance communication up to and including the time at which the contract is concluded;2. sales contract means a contract under which a trader transfers or agrees to transfer the ownership of goods to a consumer and the consumer pays or agrees to pay the price, including any contract that has both goods and services as its object.
Conformity and Guarantee
1. We have a legal duty to supply the Goods in conformity with the Contract, and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation.2. Upon delivery, the Goods will:1. be of satisfactory quality;2. be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Goods which, before the Contract is made, you made known to us (unless you do not actually rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on our skill and judgment) and be fit for any purpose held out by us or set out in the Contract; and3. conform to their description.3. It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origin in your materials.4. We will immediately, or within a reasonable time, give you the benefit of the free guarantee given by the manufacturer of the Goods. Details of the guarantee, including the name and address of the manufacturer, the duration and territorial scope of the guarantee, are set out in the manufacturer's guarantee provided with the Goods. This guarantee will take effect at the time the Goods are delivered, and will not reduce your legal rights.
Successors and our sub-contractors
1. Either party can transfer the benefit of this Contract to someone else, and will remain liable to the other for its obligations under the Contract. The Supplier will be liable for the acts of any sub-contractors who it chooses to help perform its duties.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
1. In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:1. the party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and2. the party's obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the Customer's above rights relating to delivery and any right to cancel, below.
Excluding liability1. The Supplier does not exclude liability for: (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) for death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the Supplier's other legal obligations. Subject to this, the Supplier is not liable for (i) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made, or (ii) loss (eg loss of profit) to the Customer's business, trade, craft or profession which would not be suffered by a Consumer - because the Supplier believes the Customer is not buying the Goods wholly or mainly for its business, trade, craft or profession.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
1. The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.2. Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.3. We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints in the following way: If a dispute occurs customers should contact us to find a solution. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 2 days.
Model Cancellation Form
ToPixie Scientific222 Broadway, 19th floorNew York, NY 10038USAEmail address: [email protected]Telephone number: 0800.098.8901
I/We[*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods [*] ,
Ordered on [*]/received on [*]______________________(date received)
Name of consumer(s):
Address of consumer(s):
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper)
Do you care for
someone at risk of
Urinary Tract Infections?
UTI in the elderly often leads to
UTI makes care lengthy and costly
A&E visits with UTI
65% more likely to lead to hospitalization
than average A&E visit for the elderly
Hospital stays with UTI
90% more costly
than average hospitalization for the elderly
are smart disposable incontinence pads
that help you monitor for UTI
Conforms with Directive 98/79/EC on In-Vitro Diagnostic Medical Devices
US and worldwide patents pending
Made with ♥ in NYC
Pixie Pads and App are engineered with modern materials and software, making them simple to use. Scanning a Pixie Pad takes seconds.
Such ease of use enables caregivers to monitor for UTI continuously, as they also watch for clinical symptoms.
Continuous monitoring can help order a culture test earlier or rule it out.
Order now in the UK
Pixie Pads and Pixie App currently require an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus.
If you care for 5 people or more,
we'll send you a free iPhone 6 you can use
for as long as you order Pixie Pads!
for professional caregivers
Schedule a live one-on-one webinar to learn how to use Pixie Pads in your care setting!
Frequently asked questions
Why do I need to use a phone?
The Pixie App is used by caregivers to read the data from the sensor embedded in the Pad. Reading is as easy as pointing the phone's camera at the sensor. Caregivers and GPs can then use the App to track historical data and improve care compliance.
How have Pixie Pads been tested?
Pixie Pads have successfully undergone a clinical trial in the United States with incontinent patients living at home, at a rehabilitation center, and at an assisted living facility.
Throughout development, Pixie software has also been tested on over 40,000 images taken under a variety of lighting conditions.
Are Pixie Pads safe?
The Pixie chemical sensor does not come in contact with skin and no safety concerns have been noted during clinical studies.
The sensor has additionally undergone biocompatibility testing to achieve CE Mark clearance in conformance with EU directives for In-Vitro Diagnostic and Medical Devices.
How is patient information stored?
Patient information is stored in the Pixie cloud service hosted on AWS. It is transmitted and stored according to principles of HIPAA, EU, and UK privacy protection standards.